The following course will cover Management Process Description (MPD) MPD.QUA.08.01
The purpose of MPD.QUA.08.01 is to provide you with training on how PBB:
- reviews the supply and issue of blood products subject to various blood tests, clinical and environmental factors that fall outside of the set PBB reference ranges.
- reviews the supply and issue of non-blood products where assessments fall outside of the PBB acceptance criteria
- retrospectively analyses issued blood products to record risk assessments as part of a non-conformance
If you are reading this as a document update, any changes that have been made to the document since the previous version will be highlighted in grey so pay careful attention to these.
Restrictions for this MPD:
- Release or failure of blood units in quarantine may only be performed by an Authorised Veterinary Surgeon or Laboratory Manager using INF/TES/14 Donor Screening and Product Considerations or by those authorised to given an expert opinion on the issue raised
- Release or failure of non-blood products can only be carried out by staff trained to SOP/SSM/01 Acceptance and Release of Key Materials
- No food or drink may be stored or consumed within designated clean areas
Please Note: Any associated documents or forms referred to in this course will be available via our secure document site Nexus or on request from the Training Department.